A featured recipe from Heinz Vinegar. A light meal on its own, or a tasty side dish to
complement any sandwich or entrée. This salad travels well for picnics or tailgate parties,
just make a double batch for a larger crowd.
If your corn crop didn’t produce well last season it could be due to several of these common
* Seeds were planted too close together and became overcrowded.
* Plants did not receive enough fertilizer. Corn is a heavy feeder and especially needs
nitrogen for optimal development.
* Crop was not adequately weeded or watered when weather was dry.
* Weather was too cold before corn could mature. Try using a hybrid corn variety bred for
shorter growing seasons.
* Corn was poorly pollinated. To prevent poor pollination, plant corn in blocks instead of long
* Crop was not rotated or stalks were left in the garden over the winter. Rotate corn to a
different place every year and remove old foliage to prevent disease and insect problems. Plant
a cover crop to renew soil where corn was growing.