Earth friendly seed stating containers that you can plant right in the garden.
Understanding Soil pH
It is important to know your soil PH because it can have a great effect on which nutrients are
available to your plants.
Greenhouse Growing- Plant Care
Growing under the cover of a greenhouse is a little different than
traditional outdoor gardening. Unlike gardening outside, greenhouse
growing includes meeting a greater percentage of your plant's needs.
Greenhouse Growing- Introduction
Have you thought about adding a greenhouse to your property? Find out
all the basics of greenhouse gardening.
If your corn crop didn’t produce well last season it could be due to several of these common
* Seeds were planted too close together and became overcrowded.
* Plants did not receive enough fertilizer. Corn is a heavy feeder and especially needs
nitrogen for optimal development.
* Crop was not adequately weeded or watered when weather was dry.
* Weather was too cold before corn could mature. Try using a hybrid corn variety bred for
shorter growing seasons.
* Corn was poorly pollinated. To prevent poor pollination, plant corn in blocks instead of long
* Crop was not rotated or stalks were left in the garden over the winter. Rotate corn to a
different place every year and remove old foliage to prevent disease and insect problems. Plant
a cover crop to renew soil where corn was growing.