Web Operations Specialist
W. Atlee Burpee & Co. is the leading retail/mail order distributor of seed and gardening supplies to the American home gardener. We have an immediate opening for a Web Operations Specialist. This position is responsible for day-to-day activities pertaining to the website performance & continuity. This position is also responsible for providing post-development support and project management for our external websites. The Web Operations Specialist works closely with the Customer Service Representatives, Developers and Marketing to schedule and manage workflow and to resolve problems. Additionally this position will maintain all 3 rd party Web initiatives and integration points.
- Responsible for overall and continuous development and maintenance of the company's ecommerce website.
- Lead and support all website technical\platform initiatives and enhance functionality as needed.
- Develop detailed functional, technical design, and test specifications that fully satisfy business requirements.
- Respond to technical website related questions thru Customer Service.
- Develop, implement and maintain document reporting framework, policies and procedures.
- Determine if / how enhancement/simplification can be achieved by system configuration, and/or extending current applications.
- Provide technical recommendations/requirements clearly and in a manner that ensures proper understanding by both business and technical staff.
- Accurately implement new web site or web application features as described by functional requirement documents, wireframes, information architecture documents, interaction design documents, and graphical comps using presentation layer technologies on existing and new ecommerce websites.
- Actively participate in the review of requirement documentation, wireframes, and design comps prior to commencing build.
- Work closely with Marketing, Information Architects, Project Managers and Application Developers on all projects to deliver high quality work on time on and on budget.
- Research and maintain status of current and emerging web standards and technologies.
- All other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or equivalent working experience.
- Expertise with any ecommerce platforms (Oracle ATG, preferred)
- Project Management experience
- Must have an understanding of web site concepts and principles.
- Very Strong communication and problem-solving skills
If you meet the requirements and qualifications, please email your cover letter with salary requirements, and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org - Subject line “Web Operations Specialist – Job Code 2014-10” or log onto our website at www.burpee.com and click on “employment link”. COVER LETTERS/RESUMES WITHOUT REQUESTED INFORMATION WILL BE CONSIDERED LAST. NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE. Un-qualified candidates need not apply. Equal Opportunity Employer.