W. Atlee Burpee & Co. is the leading retail/mail order distributor of seed and gardening
supplies to the American home gardener. We have an immediate opening for an Assistant
Grower at our Willow Hill facility located in Fannettsburg, PA.
• Strong desire to grow plants and work in greenhouse environment
• Ability to work independently
• Effective communication skills
• Knowledge of greenhouse equipment
• Detail oriented personality
• TEAM player
• Develops and utilizes a weekly written pre-plan for what needs to be done for the next
• Inspects greenhouses and can identify moisture requirements, status of the plants and possible problems/issues
• Scout for insects and disease and spray
• Degree in horticulture, floriculture or related degree
• Minimum of two years growing experience.
• Stand and walk for long periods of time
• PA Pesticide License required within six months
• Carry/Lift items up to 50 pounds
• Rotating weekends - every other weekend in spring, about a 6-week rotation the rest of the year
• Working on your feet, 20-30% office work
• Able to work alone and as part of a team
• Reliable transportation and able to work in bad weather
If you meet the requirements and qualifications, please email your cover letter with salary requirements, and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org - Subject line “Assistant Grower – Job Code 2014-11” or log onto our website at www.burpee.com and click on “employment link”. COVER LETTERS/RESUMES WITHOUT REQUESTED INFORMATION WILL BE CONSIDERED LAST. NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE. Un-qualified candidates need not apply.
Equal Opportunity Employer.