Online Marketing Specialist
W. Atlee Burpee & Co. is the leading retail, online and mail order distributor of seed and gardening supplies to the American home gardener. We have an immediate opening for an Online Marketing Specialist. Primary responsibilities include but are not limited to: helping drive the eCommerce efforts of the company forward, with particular focus on Paid Search strategy, SEO, email marketing, display and evaluation and implementation of other Online Demand Generation vehicles. The role will also focus on new opportunities to maximize growth of the online channel.
- Develop a comprehensive marketing plan to include objectives, strategies and budget with projected ROI with a specific focus on PPC, Display and Email
- Work with Product Managers to identify market opportunities to develop specific site content/sales opportunities accordingly.
- Direct and manage multiple interactive agencies with their assigned budgets, and their marketing and media campaigns to meet marketing campaign objectives, adjusting and re-organizing when necessary
- Manage company’s social media presence
- Oversee company’s branded email newsletters and automated programs
Online Demand Generation:
- Oversee search engine marketing to maximize website traffic: paid/organic
- Manage annual Paid Search budget across multiple search engines for all brands.
- Monitor PPC campaigns to optimize according to trends, need periods and opportunities.
- Full PPC analysis, with keyword research, budget allocation, ad copy review and measurement of all the main KPIs making adjustments to drive the business forward.
- Monitor trends, and reports to continually improve programs to meet marketing goals
- Recommend, deploy and track company branded email newsletters and automated programs
- Track results on a weekly basis and develop and co-ordinate a Scorecard of results with KPIs that can be shared with the senior management team.
- All other duties as assigned.
- Minimum of Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration or Marketing
- Excellent interpersonal, writing and communications skills
- Experience in managing multiple projects simultaneously
- 3-5 years of online marketing experience
- Significant experience in SEM (PPC) and SEO
- Social media planning and marketing experience
- Extensive experience with Microsoft Office programs: Word, Excel, PowerPoint.
- Good understanding of website tracking capabilities
If you meet the requirements and qualifications, please email your cover letter with salary requirements, and resume to email@example.com - Subject line “Online Marketing Specialist - Job Code 2013-5” or log onto our website at www.burpee.com and click on “employment link”. COVER LETTERS/RESUMES WITHOUT REQUESTED INFORMATION WILL BE CONSIDERED LAST. NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE. Un-qualified candidates need not apply. Equal Opportunity Employer.