Direct Marketing & Ecommerce Manager
W. Atlee Burpee & Co. the leading supplier to the American home gardener has an immediate opening for a Direct Marketing & Ecommerce Manager. The Direct Marketing & Ecommerce Manager is responsible for Burpee’s brand recognition, loyalty, sales and profitability through the company’s websites by creatively and effectively marketing & merchandising Burpee and its related gardening brands (The Cook’s Garden). This position recommends and implements direct marketing strategies that will enhance the company’s brand identities and competitive positions in a profitable manner.
- Develops strategies with senior management and product managers to create innovative, effective marketing and publicity plans that promote and sell the company’s products using all available media.
- Oversees the development, expansion and constant improvement of the Company’s direct marketing websites including visual merchandising, product placement & promotion, site navigation, ease of shopping, transaction processing, onsite promotion management and community (i.e., blogs, forums).
- Manages all direct marketing analytics including marketing programs, forecasting, web site conversion, testing strategies and inventory management.
- Manages all segmentation and customer profiling including catalog circulation, email list, and website personas.
- Ensures metrics are developed, tracked and communicated in order to maximize the company’s ROI related to the direct marketing division’s websites, catalogues and marketing programs.
- Enhances the company’s competitive position by understanding the market structure and competitive landscape by overseeing on-going competitive analyses of key competitor websites & programs as well as through customer research.
- Works closely with Product Management regarding product selection & merchandising in order to ensure optimal placement & promotion.
- Works closely with product managers, horticulturalists and designers to ensure that the company’s product and content supports the goals of the company and is merchandised/placed appropriately on the company’s websites.
- Creates and maximizes cross selling strategies between web initiatives and traditional marketing activities.
- Perform other duties, as required.
- Minimum of 5 years of ecommerce/direct marketing proven management experience, with a concentrated focus on consumer products online marketing, business development, online partnerships, campaign tracking and management, data analysis and a working knowledge of industry as well as up to date on technology.
- Proven knowledge of eCommerce marketing tactics including affiliate, search (PPC and SEO), display, CPA, CPC, CPM and other conventional and unconventional online marketing tactics.
- Understanding of online marketing trends, tactics, and current events, particularly as they relate to the development and management of online advertising.
- Significant experience in managing online marketing vendors and advertising agencies.
- Ability to lead and delegate work in a team environment.
- Ability to prioritize and organize effectively.
- Excellent leadership, interpersonal and communication skills.
- Strong emphasis on social marketing.
- Ability to work independently and manage multiple projects and tasks concurrently.
- Self-starter, adaptive, and innovative.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing or Business Administration
If you meet the qualifications, please email your cover letter with salary requirements, and resume to email@example.com - Subject line “Direct Marketing & Ecommerce Manager - JOB CODE EC20 ” COVER LETTERS/RESUMES WITHOUT REQUESTED INFORMATION WILL BE CONSIDERED LAST. NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE. EOE