W. Atlee Burpee & Co. is the leading retail/mail order distributor of seed and gardening supplies to the American home gardener. We have an immediate opening for a Developer. Primary responsibilities include but not limited to: Development using Microsoft Visual Studio technologies and Microsoft Dynamics AX technologies, integrating with external systems, working with internal users on application requirements, enhancement requests and general usability issues.
- Design and Code Applications using various technologies including Microsoft Dynamics AX and Visual Studio.
- Design, Develop and update reports in conjunction with multiple departments and individuals using SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS), SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS), SQL Server Analysis Services (SSAS), Microsoft Dynamics AX reports and other tools.
- Ensure current information systems (Microsoft Dynamics AX, Microsoft SQL Server, Data Warehouse, and others) are in business working order and repair as necessary.
- Assist users with problems and questions on a daily basis to ensure the proper working order of systems.
- Provide and/or arrange training for self, new users, or refresher training for existing users.
- Determine if / how enhancement/simplification can be achieved by system configuration, and/or extending current applications.
- Develop detailed functional, technical design, and test specifications that fully satisfy business requirements.
- Create and manage project schedules.
- All other duties as assigned.
- Experience in Visual Studio .NET development including C #, Visual Basic, and/or ASP.
- Experience with Microsoft SQL Server and associated technologies including SQL, Reporting Services. Integration Services, etc…
- Experience with object oriented programming techniques.
- Experience with Microsoft Dynamics AX 4.0 (Axapta) or higher development a plus.
- Hands-on software troubleshooting experience.
- Experience working both independently and in a team-oriented, collaborative environment is essential .
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
- Proven analytical and problem-solving abilities.
- Associate’s Degree in Computer Science or equivalent working experience.
- 2+ years’ experience working with an object oriented programming language.
If you meet the requirements and qualifications, please email your cover letter with salary requirements, and resume to email@example.com - Subject line “Developer – Job Code 2014-5” or log onto our website at www.burpee.com and click on “employment link”. COVER LETTERS/RESUMES WITHOUT REQUESTED INFORMATION WILL BE CONSIDERED LAST. NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE. Un-qualified candidates need not apply. Equal Opportunity Employer.