W. Atlee Burpee & Co. is the leading retail/mail order distributor of seed and gardening
supplies to the American home gardener. We have an immediate opening for an Grower
at our Willow Hill facility located in Fannettsburg, PA.
• Strong desire to grow plants and work in greenhouse environment
• Ability to work independently
• Effective communication skills
• Knowledge of greenhouse equipment
• Detail oriented personality
• TEAM player
• Develops and utilizes a weekly written pre-plan for what needs to be done for the next
• Inspects greenhouses and can identify moisture requirements, status of the plants and possible problems/issues
• Scout for insects and disease and spray
• Degree in horticulture, floriculture or related degree
• Minimum of two years growing experience.
• Stand and walk for long periods of time
• PA Pesticide License required within six months
• Carry/Lift items up to 50 pounds
• Rotating weekends - every other weekend in spring, about a 6-week rotation the rest of the year
• Working on your feet, 20-30% office work
• Able to work alone and as part of a team
• Reliable transportation and able to work in bad weather
If you meet the requirements and qualifications, please email your cover letter with salary requirements, and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org - Subject line “Grower – Job Code 2014-11” or log onto our website at www.burpee.com and click on “employment link”. COVER LETTERS/RESUMES WITHOUT REQUESTED INFORMATION WILL BE CONSIDERED LAST. NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE. Un-qualified candidates need not apply.
Equal Opportunity Employer.