Regional Gardening Guide - Zone 3-4
March 1 to March 30-- Discover what you should be doing right now. Our experts share gardening advice, techniques, news, and ideas to make your garden the best ever.
Here’s what’s happening in your gardening region:
The sun is getting stronger and snow is melting, but those of us who live in zones 3 and 4 know there’s still a lot of winter left. We’re dreaming of gardens to come. Excitement is building. Avid gardeners are raring to put their hands in the dirt – it’s time to hit the ground gardening!
Your Regional reporter
Lisa Colburn is a crazy gardener, great cook and author of The Maine Garden Journal.
To see what Lisa's doing in her garden. Click Here!
1. Start your own plants from seed.
Grow the best varieties of flowers and vegetables by starting plants from seed. It’s easy and economical. Burpee’s how-to videos help you every step of the way.
2. Grow lights provide extra light when days are still short.
2. Start seeds indoors under lights to avoid spindly plants. Burpee has grow lights to meet the needs of any gardener.
3. Organic gardening is no longer a fad.
Organic gardening is becoming more popular all the time. Learn how to work with nature to make your garden flourish.
4. Hydrangeas are the new trendy plant
People are falling in love with hydrangeas all over again. It’s the new must-have plant. See Burpee’s fabulous new introductions.
5. The right tool makes work easy.
When gardening season comes along, have the right tools on hand to make your work efficient, effective and easy.