Regional Gardening Guide - Zone 3-4
October 1 to October 31-- Discover what you should be doing right now. Our experts share gardening advice, techniques, news, and ideas to make your garden the best ever.
Here’s what’s happening in your gardening region:
Your Regional reporter
Lisa Colburn is a crazy gardener, great cook and author of The Maine Garden Journal.
To see what Lisa's doing in her garden. Click Here!
1.) When you grow more food than you can eat, preserve it.
1.Putting food away for the future is rewarding, economical and extra yummy.
2.) Grow an indoor garden for your fuzzy, feline, fur ball.
2. Cat will love these purrfect, pet-friendly plants.
3.) It’s time to do housekeeping in the garden.
3. Here’s what you need to do in the garden this month:
4. Don’t forget to plant spring bulbs now.
4. Tulips can be found in countless colors to match any color scheme in your yard.
5.) Cold frames will help you get an extra-early start next spring.
5. Install a cold frame in the garden this fall to get a head start next spring!