Turn an empty container into a fun and functional planter that will brighten any garden or deck. You can create bugs, monsters, favorite characters, any creature you want!
What You Need:
¥ A carton of eggs, washed and dried. You can use any clean egghsells as well.
¥ Empty and clean plastic containers, such as a soda or water bottle.
¥ Scissors or a knife to make drainage holes and cut the containers. This should be done in advance by an adult.
¥ Paint. Note: not all paint applies well to plastic. To create a smooth look an adult can spray paint the container before the child decorates it.
¥ Paint brushes.
¥ Buttons, bottle caps, pegs, felt, clothes pins, googly eyes, fuzzy sticks, anything you can find around the house!
¥ Potting soil.
What To Do:
- Cut holes out of the plastic container where you would like the plants to go. Cut drainage holes as well.
- Paint the containers however you like.
- While the paint dries, assemble eyes, mouths and other features out of your collection of objects. Be creative!
- Glue the features and decorations onto the bottle.
- Fill the containers with potting soil and plant the plants.
- Water thoroughly and find a great place in the garden to display your creature!