Earlier today we make the container, house and fairies for your fairy garden. Now we will make some accessories and a bridge, and then we can assemble the garden.
What you need: Part 2
For the Gazing Ball
• Golf tee
• Paint for the golf tee (optional)
• Marble or glass bead
• Hot Glue Gun
For the Bee Skep
• Miniature clay pot, dollhouse size
• Hot glue gun
For the Bridge
• Small Sticks or twigs
• Hot glue gun
To Make the Gazing Ball
- Paint a golf tee any color you like to match your fairies. We painted ours pink.
- Choose a beautiful marble or bead that fits on top of the golf tee. We used a bead.
- Add a dab of hot glue to the top of the golf tee and secure your bead or marble.
To Make the Bee Skep
- With the miniature flower pot turned upside down, begin gluing twine to the very bottom of the pot.
- Keep wrapping the twine carefully around the pot adding little dabs of glue along the way to make sure it stays in place.
- Once the pot is covered in twine, create a small loop at the top to create the handle, snip the excess twine and glue the end of the twine in place.
To Make the Bridge
- Find 2 twigs that have a similar curve in shape. This will be the starting point of your bridge.
- With the 2 curved twigs spaced about 3 inches apart, glue smaller twigs across to create the bridge.
- Find 6 twigs about 2.5-3 inches long to be the posts for the bridge. Glue 3 to each side of the bridge spacing them evenly.
- Add twine to create the railing between each set of bridge posts.
Assembling your Fairy garden
- Using the up-cycled garden that you created this morning, nestle the fairy house among the plants.
- Create a stream by laying a path of blue stones through your garden. Make sure the stream isn’t too wide that your bridge cannot cross over it perfectly.
- Add the miniature mushrooms, butterflies and birds nest to the garden in little nooks of your garden. Add the bee skep.
- Stick your gazing ball into the soil.
- Add your fairies to the garden.
- Add dried moss throughout your garden to give it that enchanting feel.