W. Atlee Burpee Company is the leading retail/mail order distributor of seed and gardening supplies to the American home gardener. We have an immediate opening for a Packaging Quality Control. This is a seasonal position on 2nd shift from approximately Mid-June through Mid-December. Primary responsibilities include but not limited to providing support to the Packaging department in creating a high quality seed packet.
- Monitor and maintain pre-determined quality standards for seed packets as they are manufactured.
- Weigh seed packets and record weights on QC log sheet; confirm accuracy.
- Verify and record pre-determined data throughout the packaging process on QC sheet.
- Certify machine set up for the machine operators.
- Fill out required paperwork for the entire shift.
- Ensure packet seal integrity, dater clarity and accuracy.
- All other duties as assigned.
- Must have basic math skills.
- The ability to walk and stand for eight hour shift, five days each week, the ability to lift up to twenty pounds.
- Strong communication skills, ability to vocalize corrective actions as needed.
If you meet the requirements and qualifications, please email your cover letter with salary requirements, and resume to email@example.com - Subject line “Packaging Quality Control – Job Code 2017-9” or log onto our website at www.burpee.com and click on “employment link”. COVER LETTERS/RESUMES WITHOUT REQUESTED INFORMATION WILL BE CONSIDERED LAST. NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE. Un-qualified candidates need not apply.
Equal Opportunity Employer.