W. Atlee Burpee & Co. is the leading retail/mail order distributor of seed and gardening supplies to the American home gardener. We have an immediate opening for a Manager, Infrastructure and Services. Primary responsibilities include but not limited to: Monitor, maintain and troubleshoot all infrastructure technology LAN and WAN including server architecture, storage requirements, VMware, 3rd party service level monitoring, network, firewall and application security.
- Manage telecommunication systems, servers, including e-mail, print and backup servers and their associated operating systems and software.
- Recommend, schedule, and perform network improvements, system backups and recovery, upgrades, and repairs.
- Review and make recommendations on existing platforms for continuous improvement, enhance and resolve performance issues associated with software and system architecture.
- Ensures architecture is secure and in compliance with all industry controls.
- Identify and validate business value of new and emerging trends and technologies to support the overall enterprise business architecture.
- Provide technical expertise and troubleshooting for issues that disrupt critical business process and provides analysis on required remediation that addresses root cause.
- Creates and maintains documentation, architectural diagrams, system standards and SOPs for existing and new systems.
- Manage security solutions, including firewall, anti-virus, and intrusion detection systems.
- Manage installation, upgrades, configuration, maintenance, and troubleshooting of all network hardware and Server equipment, including VMware, routers, switches, hubs, Email, print servers and UPSs.
- All other duties as assigned.
- Experience in IT infrastructure support, including data center, VMware, servers, SAN, email applications and networks.
- Experience with LAN/WAN architecture integration
- Cisco Certified Network Professional a plus
- Strong understanding of industry practices and procedures as it applies to technical support
- Hands-on software troubleshooting experience.
- Experience working both independently and in a team-oriented, collaborative environment is essential.
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
- Proven analytical and problem-solving abilities.
- Associate’s Degree in Computer Science or equivalent working experience.
- 3+ years’ experience working with an IT environment supporting Network and server infrastructure.
If you meet the requirements and qualifications, please email your cover letter with salary requirements, and resume to email@example.com - Subject line “Technician-–Job Code 2016-13” or log onto our website at www.burpee.com and click on “employment link”. COVER LETTERS/RESUMES WITHOUT REQUESTED INFORMATION WILL BE CONSIDERED LAST. NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE. Un-qualified candidates need not apply. Equal Opportunity Employer.