W. Atlee Burpee & Co. is the leading retail/mail order distributor of seed and gardening supplies to the American home gardener. We have an immediate opening for a Customer Service Supervisor. This position ensures that Direct Marketing Customer Service Team handles all customer phone calls, emails & orders in a professional and efficient manner. This position is also responsible for all Direct Marketing administration as well as special projects needed by the company.
- Responsible for the management of all Customer Service personnel (Full Time, Seasonal & Contract employees).
- Responsible for the supervisory operations of the Customer Service Department including; customer phone calls, orders, returns, mail order processing and email communication.
- Ensures that all Customer Service employees demonstrate positive and professional conduct when handling customers. Monitors phone calls and customer emails. Responsible for Customer Service employee staffing, scheduling and payroll.
- Responsible for all Customer Service employee training, department communication, employee reviews & discipline.
- Responsible for reviewing & reporting all online & DAX technical, product & promotional issues to the web & IT team as they occur.
- Manages the execution of Direct Marketing administration projects (ex: order releases, inventory management, pricing, drop ship orders)
- Manages all communication with the Shipping Team (DMF & Nursery) and reports & documents shipping issues, delays & damages as needed.
- Manages the Customer Service toll free numbers to ensure the system is working correctly and reports issues as needed to the IT Department.
- Handles all escalated Customer Service issues for the Customer Service team & Senior Executive team.
- Modifies weekly work schedule during the Busy Season to fit department staffing needs.
- Advanced understanding of all internal system processes & procedures.
- Advanced understanding of Gardening & our Direct Marketing products.
- Develops, writes and documents SOP’s and training materials for the Customer Service Department as needed.
- Ensures all incoming company mail is sorted and distributed daily.
- Additional Projects as assigned by the Customer Service Manager/Direct Marketing Team
- 3-5yrs of prior supervisory experience in a call center/customer service setting.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred but not required.
- Strong leadership, analytical and task management skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
If you meet the requirements and qualifications, please email your cover letter with salary requirements, and resume to email@example.com - Subject line “Direct Marketing Customer Service Supervisor– Job Code 2017-17” or log onto our website at www.burpee.com and click on “employment link”. COVER LETTERS/RESUMES WITHOUT REQUESTED INFORMATION WILL BE CONSIDERED LAST. NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE. Un-qualified candidates need not apply. Equal Opportunity Employer.