MEMOUSE Seedling

MEMOUSE

TOMATOE SEEDLINGS

HI THERE I ALWAYS TRY TO START MY GARDEN PLANS FROM SEED AND GET THEM TO SPROUT BEAUTIFUL BUT A WK OR TWO AFTER THEY GET LANKY AND PRODUCE TALL THIN NON BUSHY PLANTS WHY ? I GROW IN A INDOOR GREENHOUSE W/PLANT LIGHTING HOW DO I GET THE STALKS NICE AND THICK LIKE SOME OTHER GROWERS?  ALSO MY NEIGHBOR GAVE ME A TOM. PLANT FOR MY GARDEN SOON AFTER PLANTING THERE WERE LITTLE BROWNISH BLACK SPOTS ON THE LEAVES THAT SEEM TO SPEAD LIKE WILD FIRE THROUGHOUT THE OTHER TOM. PLANTS WHAT WAS IT?

Views: 767 Replies: 1 Date: 2014-02-01T12:52:18.000Z
Result Count: 1

Tools

Green Thumb

galbaugh

Re: TOMATOE SEEDLINGS

I grow all kinds of Tomatoes, Peppers ect.. from seed, The cause of "leggy" Plants is insuficiant lighting. I put my lights T5HO 3" from the seedling in the beginning and I get pretty good looking plants. Also remember Tomatoes are vines so when you pot them up bury them up to the cotyledons (first true leaves) they will grow roots on the newly burried section. Also try putting a small fan on them it will create a thicker vine. Not sure about the brownish black on the leaves sounds like disease but without knowing your light, fertilizer, watering habits and weather I cannot give you an answer. Ill post a pic of my lighting setup maybe that will help.

2014-02-02T05:49:36.000Z

REPORT ABUSE

Result Count: 1