burpee Garden Guru

burpee

How do you beat the heat?
Many of us are facing temperatures in the upper 90s and 100s. With these exhausting temperatures, what's your favorite way to beat the summer heat? 
Views: 3633 Replies: 3 Date: 2012-07-16T14:39:31.000Z
Result Count: 3

Tools

Soil Stomper

NewYorkMillet

Re: How do you beat the heat?

Thanks, Michael! That's very helpful!

2012-07-23T12:43:02.000Z

REPORT ABUSE

Green Thumb

mikeburch3

I have recently discovered that working in the sun during the heat of the day makes me very sick to my stomache.This has never happened to me before,so I try to do what I can before 8:00 AM.After that i work on the west side of my house up untill 11-12:00 .Then I come back into the house untill about 5:30 PM and then head back out to the back yard (South side--shady side )Because your skin develops vitamin D ,which is not good for me,because I am having kidney problems,I do attempt to avoid the sun as much as possible, wear light loose fitting clothes,wear my Burpee hat..THANK YOU BURPEE..however I do wear shorts,after all this is Florida,and to not wear shorts would be like I wasn't in Florida,gasp..unthinkable...drink lots of water...no ice please..eat a couple of tomatoes for energy..no soft drinks of any kind...diebetic as well...eat a small fruit..apple,peach,blueberries...during the day,we have our 3 year old grand daughter living with us,we go out and play in her little pool .I give her the water hose and she sprays everything down with it,She has so much fun doing that(even getting me as wet as she gets) that make s the day go quickly.

2012-07-17T12:16:18.000Z

REPORT ABUSE

Soil Stomper

NewYorkMillet

For myself, I wear plenty of sunblock and loose-fitting clothes. For my plants, I water them as much as possible. However, some of my plants are still dying - specifically, my petunas :( Does anyone have any tips? They are partically shaded but do not seem to be getting any better. Should I move them inside?

2012-07-16T14:42:34.000Z

REPORT ABUSE

Result Count: 3