pontoonboat Soil Stomper

pontoonboat

MORNING GLORIES

PROBLEM: I HAVE GREAT MORNING GLORY LEAVES, BUT NOT ONE FLOWER! I GROW THESE EACH YEAR AND THIS IS THE FIRST YEAR I HAVE HAD THIS PROBLEM. CAN ANYONE GIVE ME SUGGESTIONS. I HAVE TRIED PLANT FOOD TO NO AVAIL.  THE LEAVES CONTINUE TO GROW AND THRIVE. I AM IN NORTHEASTERN MN, WHICH IS ZONE 3. I grow my Morning Glories in an old fire pit which has metal rods on which the leaves climb. Any advice much appreciated, MN's short summer is passing quickly! Bonnie

Views: 566 Replies: 2 Date: 2013-07-20T16:09:30.000Z
Result Count: 2

Tools

Garden Guru

burpee

Re: MORNING GLORIES

There are a couple of things that may be happening, be careful about using too much fertilizer especially a high nitrogen liquid fertilizer.  Also, watch the watering and keep the soil moist but not wet. Finally if it has been hot that will have a negative effect on flower production. Give the plants a little more time

2013-07-29T13:53:24.000Z

REPORT ABUSE

BABYLINK

Re: MORNING GLORIES

I've the same problem. I'm in CT. They've grown over 40 feet this year and NOT one bud or flower. many leaves are huge. They're the Heavenly Blue and I'm a bit upset. Been growing them for 9 years and never had this happen What to do ?

2013-08-10T09:02:57.000Z

REPORT ABUSE

Result Count: 2