burpee Garden Guru

burpee

2013 Herb Garden Photo Contest!

It's that time of year!

Post photos of your herb garden (below this post) for a chance to win a Burpee Gift Card.  Let us know what herbs you're growing!

-First prize receives a $100 Burpee Gift Card

-Second prize receives a $50 Gift Card

-Third prize receives a $25 Gift Card

*RULES*:

Must be a Backyard community member.

Must be 18 to enter.

Must not be an employee, affiliated with or relative of Burpee or Burpee Home Gardens.

Burpee's panel of judges will determine the winners.

You can only enter the contest once.

ENTRY DATES RUN FROM JUNE 17 - JULY 5, 2013 11:59pm EST.  WINNERS WILL BE CONTACTED ON OR AROUND JULY 15, 2013.

Good Luck to all!

Views: 9269 Replies: 45 Date: 2013-06-14T17:34:30.000Z
Result Count: 45
Previous 1|   2  | 3| Next

Tools

Rynnie

Rynnie

Re: 2013 Herb Garden Photo Contest!

My herb garden. I grow the usual herbs for cooking like basil, oregano,parsley, chives,mint and dill just to name a few.  I also have others that I use for my chickens like lavender, lemon balm, and their absolute favorite comfrey.  

2013-07-01T17:09:06.000Z

REPORT ABUSE

librarian1984

Living in Center City, Philadelphia, I grow almost exclusively in containers. This leads to some frustrations, but there are advantages too -- I can move plants according to their sun and water needs, and I can easily group the herbs for a photo contest!

In this picture overlooking downtown Philadelphia, these herbs can be seen: rosemary, thyme, mint, cilantro, lemon and lime balms, parsley, marjoram (one of my very favorites) and bay leaf. Off-camera are pennyroyal and basil.

2013-07-01T21:39:14.000Z

REPORT ABUSE

Seaturtle

Seaturtle

I grow a wide variety of herbs...garlic, spanish and greek oregano, globe, fino verde, lemon, cinnamon, sweet organic, siam queen and red ruby basils, rosemary, lavender, sage, onions, summer savory, lemon balm, german camomile, fennel, dill, parsley, cilantro and borage.  I am sure I forgot a few....everything is growing well even with this challenging weather year up here in Connecticut !  I do grow several types of lilies which help draw in beneficial insects to the garden...Cheers and Happy Gardening

2013-07-01T23:22:47.000Z

REPORT ABUSE

daniseas

daniseas

Photo

I just chuck all my herbs in a bucket, where they stay under control and I can bring it in and use them all winter. There's over a dozen varieties in there.

2013-07-02T16:17:40.000Z

REPORT ABUSE

Garden Guru

burpee

If you have been having issues uploading your photos, please send to: custserv@burpee.com and in the subject line- "Burpee Herb Garden Photo Contest." That way your herb garden can be entered for consideration.

Thank you!

2013-07-02T16:52:14.000Z

REPORT ABUSE

Xqzzme

Xqzzme

I love the herb garden outside my door. I just walk out and pick herbs for supper. I made the pallet garden, I suggest putting the legs on it so that you can stand it up. 

2013-07-02T22:38:49.000Z

REPORT ABUSE

soiladig

soiladig

Cool My herbs is just a two step out in the kitchen, easy access for me.

2013-07-03T20:39:34.000Z

REPORT ABUSE

H_Miles

Greetings,

I have always dreamed of having a garden so when I brought my own home one of the very first things I set out to do was to make a dream a reality and grow my garden.

Here you find a wide variety of beautiful culinary and medicinal herbs that I grow.

Feverfew, Camomile, Purple, Pineapple and Common Sage, Fernleaf Dill, Sweet Basil, Lobelia, Valerian, Strawberry plants for Tea making, Horehound, Sweet, Chocolate, Orange, Grapefruit Mint, Spearmint, Lemon Verbena and last but not lest English Lavender.

2013-07-04T04:23:11.000Z

REPORT ABUSE

sandysandy

I live in Branson MO and I'm new in herb gardening .So I decided to start with container gardening outside of my house by the deck stairs. so far my Cucumber and Zucchini plants are growing well .  Also Cilantro likes to grow in a container.

2013-07-04T15:24:00.000Z

REPORT ABUSE

BlackForest

BlackForest

Welcome to our 2013 Herb Garden! This is a new expansion of an already existing 19 x 31 ft vegetable garden filled with many varieties of herbs. We'll enjoy cooking, drying, and crafting with lavender (provence and grosso), thyme, marjoram, chives (onion and garlic), sage (pineapple and golden), chamomile, oregano, tarragon, bee balm, lemon balm, hyssop, parsley, and bay. We also have peppermint, spearmint, pineapple mint, and chocolate mint beneath the dwarf plum tree that has yielded 4 quarts of fruit to be canned. Looking forward to a great herb season!

2013-07-04T16:29:30.000Z

REPORT ABUSE

Kriskos2

Kriskos2

I am very excited about my new herb garden and look forward to it becoming better and better each year.  THis is my first year gardening in Colorado but I am thrilled with how the sunshine here makes everything flourish.  Thanks to Burpee's "pick three" promotion this spring I had healthy growing herbs to put into this space.  My herbs include oregano, parsley, garlic chives, thyme, cilantro, basil, mint, and sage.  Also included are Burpee zinna's from seed tape, marigolds from seed and other root and leafy veggies (in front) such as spinach, lettuce, carrots, onions, green onions, beets and Swiss chard.  I am already enjoying the fresh taste of summer and look forward to produce and herbs aLlnsummer long!

2013-07-04T19:07:04.000Z

REPORT ABUSE

RobertAndrew

Many things my wife and I have been growing for years on our rear deck.  Each pot and long Box have a drip irriagation set for 10 min in the morning and the same in early evening.  Plants that we have growing are:  Burpee Basil (summer long, San remo, round midnight, Genovese, lemon, pesto Christmas, cardinal and Box basils) we enjoy the verity for salids and mixed with tomatoes and so does our pet rabbit num-num. Also we have purple sage, tetragon, catnip, lavender, sweet marajam, oregano , peppermint, spearamint and last but not least Parsley.  This is just one section of my deck the other three sides have free standing pots filled with all of these mixtures.  Down below my deck is Bee-balm in full bloom.  Time for happy harvesting.  

2013-07-04T19:44:57.000Z

REPORT ABUSE

JBrewerATL

My table-top herb garden contains parsley, basil and stevia. Yum! 

2013-07-05T14:24:13.000Z

REPORT ABUSE

gardensgrow

gardensgrow

My herb garden contains nasturtiums, mints, calendula, lemon verbena, oreganos, chives, salad burnet, sweet cicily, loveage, chamomile, basils, and, of course, parsley, sage, rosemary and thyme!

2013-07-05T14:26:37.000Z

REPORT ABUSE

woodbridgejk

I have a small space to work with so I mixed flowers, herbs, and vegetables all in one space, and so far they are doing wonderfully in an urban style garden. This includes basil, parsley, chives, cilantro, dill, rosmary, oregano, thyme, romain lettuce, coleus, begonias, marigolds, tomatoes, broccoli, fennel, pole beans, peppers, sunflowers, and lobelia to name a few...

2013-07-05T16:46:26.000Z

REPORT ABUSE

atomicsupergirl

atomicsupergirl

We made this herb garden out of 2 liter bottles, cable, washers and screws. It's part of our recycled container garden. We are growing, Basil, purple basil, tarragon, parsely, cilantro, tyme, mustard, chives, oregano, dill, balm lemon. 

2013-07-05T20:56:00.000Z

REPORT ABUSE

Jackel32451

Jackel32451

Although this is mostly herbs, it also has lettuce and spinich in it.  The posts & trellice is for kiwi that I put in this year.

In the outer circle it has tarragon, thyme, correander, dill, mint, parsley, chive, and sage.  With some basil where there was room, and the kiwi at each of the posts.  The center is for the spinich and lettuce.

2013-07-05T21:00:21.000Z

REPORT ABUSE

Hoosier

Hoosier

Here's a more recent picture of my wife's herb garden that I posted above.  Everything is growing and being used daily. 

2013-07-05T21:43:07.000Z

REPORT ABUSE

unless

Hello friends,

My name is James, and I am a 23-year-old first-year urban gardener from south Texas. It was my curiosity about the water-conserving benefit of sub-irrigation methods (e.g. DIY tote box SIPs, the EarthBox, etc.) that spurred my foray into backyard gardening. The thyme, basil, and cilantro pictured were proudly grown from Burpee seeds, and all the herbs seem to love these motley little sub-irrigated planters I made from salvaged materials.

Happy gardening, all!

2013-07-05T22:29:20.000Z

REPORT ABUSE

selembo_smith

selembo_smith

Aristotle basils make a great ornamental herb.

2013-07-06T00:45:38.000Z

REPORT ABUSE

Result Count: 45
Previous 1|   2  | 3| Next