iaff113 Soil Stomper

iaff113

corn in zone 6b

hello I planted my corn thi year on May 8th and as of yester only had 4 plants show from about 100, I have never had this problem before, todya I replanted all of my corn, my only guess is the ground was still to cold as we have had a rather cold start to the season. Has any one else in this area had any problems?

thanks

Views: 1026 Replies: 3 Date: 2013-06-05T20:15:44.000Z
Result Count: 3

Tools

iaff113 Soil Stomper

iaff113

Re: corn in zone 6b

I replanted all my corn, beans, squash and zucchini a couple of weeks ago and all of it is doing good and growing quick. I had the bird problem also and just hung pie plates all over the garden and that has kept them out so far. I have a 5 foot fence around my garden so birds are about the only thing I have to worry about.

2013-06-21T16:20:25.000Z

REPORT ABUSE

towngardener

My first planting about the same time only gave me half a dozen plants out of 4 ten-foot rows.  Replanted after Memorial day, and so far, only a few of those have come up.  Saw a lot of birds in the corn patch--thought they were eating worms in the freshly dug soil, but they may have gotten the seeds instead.  Any suggestions about what to put there instead?  Don't want to let it go to weed, and there's not enough corn to claim the space.

2013-06-21T13:50:27.000Z

REPORT ABUSE

brandyjosepi

brandyjosepi

HI! We live in zone 6B too, and had to replant several plants this year because it was so cool, they didn't germinate well. We had to replant some corn, greenbeans, jalapeno peppers and some tomatoes. It was just too cool, but we replanted after it warmed up some and everything is growing like crazy with the warmup and all the rain! 

2013-06-17T14:07:58.000Z

REPORT ABUSE

Result Count: 3