burpee Garden Guru

burpee

Bad Bugs

WE WANT TO KNOW:

How do you handle the 'bad bugs' in your garden? 

Do you have a special technique you would like to share with the group?

Views: 1361 Replies: 1 Date: 2013-05-20T13:22:20.000Z
Result Count: 1

Tools

skylr41

skylr41

Re: Bad Bugs

Squash Bugs...hate 'em...I have found every year for the last 3 years I have had problems with them killing my zucchini and squash plants...I have not found anything in the stores that have worked for me...any ideas?  Mainly to prevent them....

I have created a concoction that works at killing them right before your eyes...from years of research with natural ingredients....here it is...

dice 2 onions..(there is really no preference to type) and put in a plastic gallon jug (I use milk jug), put in 6 garlic cloves dice up also, 3 tablespoons of cayenne pepper (again no preference), and 2 tablespoons of oil...(vegetable oil)...add hot water (right from your sink faucet)....put the lid on it but not very tight....

Sit this jug outside for 2-3 days...if it gets sunlight a lot...that is good....

After that time...strain it and pour into spray bottles....go to the infested plants...and spray the whole plant from the base to the tips of the leaves...if you see eggs (rip that part of the leaf off and place in a bucket of hot water with any dish detergent in a bucket to basically drown them)....when you see the bugs crawling around....spray them a couple times and watch them fall off the plant and die...

you can use this on pretty much any vegetable/flower plant...just DO NOT SPRAY THE FLOWERS on the Vegetable and other plants...I do not spray ants as they actually help pollenate the plants in lieu of the bees...

Happy gardening everybody...

Greg

2013-05-25T00:00:46.000Z

REPORT ABUSE

Result Count: 1