Indygardener Seedling

Indygardener

Deer fence

I am considering buying the Deer X fencing as we have deer coming into our subdivision and munching on my vegetables.  Has anyone used this and can tell me how well it works?  What type of posts can be used to support the fencing?  Thanks

Views: 1797 Replies: 2 Date: 2013-02-27T03:09:06.000Z
Result Count: 2

Tools

Denisecensier

Denisecensier

Re: Deer fence

I learned that the dear just need to see something and they won't bother my plants I youse inexpensive wool or yarn an string a web of unit around the garden windin around the posts. The deer do not bother the garden any more even though the sleep in my yard!

2013-03-02T12:56:01.000Z

REPORT ABUSE

Soil Stomper

tracy111

Re: Deer fence

I have never used the deer fencing that you speak of, but have an alternative you might be interested in. Put your fence post up on the outskirts of your garden and take twine or fly fishing line and run it all along the top of your fence like about chest level of the deer. At night when iti is dark the deer can't see it to jump, but they will run into with their chest and it will spook them and they won't bother your veggies at all. I have used this for 2 years now and have no bites out of anything. Plus I use the fence to grow my peas and beans up and they don't bother those either. I usually run a couple rows of twine so that I can utilize the space. Good luck with what ever you use.  Have a great day! Tracy

2013-03-02T18:51:59.000Z

REPORT ABUSE

Result Count: 2