corvette2003 Seedling

corvette2003

WHY THE ASTRONOMICAL SHIPPING/HANDLING CHARGES?

I just got my seed order yeserday,,after I placed it 11 days earlier.  I was charged $$8.95 for shipping & handling.  To send a seed order totaling 1/2 ounce (by my digital scale) less than 375 miles.  They could have put the order in a heavy duty first class envelope and sent it first class for less than fifty cents.  And it would have arrived in 2-3 days.  Why the high price for shipping?  I get NETFLIX DVD's in 2 days, 6-8 per month for $7.99, and they manage to make a good profit.  Plus I broke down the seed cost and they range from 5 cents to 23 cents PER SEED! For Zinnia and Tomato seeds.  What a rip off!  Sorry, but BYE, BYE BURPEE.

Views: 1708 Replies: 2 Date: 2013-02-22T14:16:48.000Z
Result Count: 2

Tools

fredstir Soil Stomper

fredstir

Re: WHY THE ASTRONOMICAL SHIPPING/HANDLING CHARGES?

Fully understand you have to make a profit.  operating costs,waste etc is high.  Only why the widespread practice of offering low prices THEN tacking on or hiding costs with postage and HANDLING.  Come on I understand   How about a straightforward REAL POSTAGE cost and go ahead and INCLUDE the Handling in the price.  DID anybody out here EVER get hit with a handling charge at walmart.

2013-03-05T20:00:37.000Z

REPORT ABUSE

Garden Guru

burpee

Re: WHY THE ASTRONOMICAL SHIPPING/HANDLING CHARGES?

Burpee strives to deliver the best seed and live plants available. These live products require specialized storage and handling prior to shipment. This includes (but is not limited to) climate controlled facilities, sorting and packaging. Even with these elaborate controls in place we continue to remain competitive with our handling and shipping charges.

To take advantage of our special online offers & savings such as free shipping, we do suggest subscribing to our email promotions at;  http://www.burpee.com/about/emailsubscription.jsp

2013-03-04T19:09:24.000Z

REPORT ABUSE

Result Count: 2