KEVINHAETT Seedling

KEVINHAETT

what is wrong with my watermelon plant

they are leaning and turning brown/yellow. i think i killed them when i transplanted them from inside to outside. there roots were more then 2 feet

Views: 1882 Replies: 2 Date: 2013-02-22T04:06:36.000Z
Result Count: 2

Tools

Soil Stomper

tracy111

Re: what is wrong with my watermelon plant

Sorry to hear you are having problems with your transplants. Did you acclimate your plants to the ourdoors for about a week before you transplante them outside? I have also found that if you want to start any of your melons or cucumbers you would have better luck with your transplanting if you plant them in peat pots or something else that is biodegradable so that you don't disturb the roots, they are very tempermental and go into shock real easy.  One year I started cucumbers in the house, when I transplanted them outside I stuck seeds in the groud and the seeded plant grew better then the transplant, because the transplant spent to much time pouting!!!I hope that this info helps you. If you did acclimate them to the outdoors, they could just be pouting and might just come out of it.  Good luck, and have a great day,    Tracy

2013-02-22T19:03:35.000Z

REPORT ABUSE

Soil Stomper

tracy111

Re: what is wrong with my watermelon plant

Sorry to hear you are having problems with your transplants. Did you acclimate your plants to the ourdoors for about a week before you transplante them outside? I have also found that if you want to start any of your melons or cucumbers you would have better luck with your transplanting if you plant them in peat pots or something else that is biodegradable so that you don't disturb the roots, they are very tempermental and go into shock real easy.  One year I started cucumbers in the house, when I transplanted them outside I stuck seeds in the groud and the seeded plant grew better then the transplant, because the transplant spent to much time pouting!!!I hope that this info helps you. If you did acclimate them to the outdoors, they could just be pouting and might just come out of it.  Good luck, and have a great day,    Tracy

2013-02-22T19:02:54.000Z

REPORT ABUSE

Result Count: 2