burpee Garden Guru

burpee

Grow Anywhere

We love growing fresh vegetables!  Not only is it rewarding and fun, gardening is great for your health as well. 

Name some benefits you think are associated with growing your own veggies.  Also, are there any particular ones you are looking forward to growing and eating this spring?  Share with us! Smile

Views: 2268 Replies: 5 Date: 2013-02-18T19:19:20.000Z
Result Count: 5

Tools

Soil Stomper

ajbressler

Re: Grow Anywhere

the grow anywhere is great:

I like growing my own food without pestisides or chemical fertilizer

the taste great and are very fresh I don't have to bring them home from store and let them ripen

2013-02-18T21:01:01.000Z

REPORT ABUSE

Soil Stomper

tracy111

The benefits of growing my own veggies and fruit is I know they have no chemicals on them, maybe some Cayenne pepper here and there to ward off the bugs. Last year I had the nasty cabbage moths on my brocolli so I sprinkled some flour on the plants where I saw the moths landing and supposedly the worms will eat the flour and they will expand so much they BLOW UP, I believe it actually worked because when I brought my heads of brocolli in and soaked them in the salt water to kill the worms there were very few, so i was thrilled and will use this idea again this growing year.    Have a great day        Tracy

2013-02-20T17:55:37.000Z

REPORT ABUSE

Soil Stomper

tracy111

Oh and just to add to my last message, I hate buying pink crunchy tomatoes, and sour strawberries. Fruit and veggies just taste totally differnt when they are fresh!!!     Tracy

2013-02-20T17:57:19.000Z

REPORT ABUSE

Soil Stomper

rookiegardener

I love growing my own vegetables because they are pesticide free. Another benefit would be enjoying being outside in the sunshine and playing in the dirt.  Also, I know the origin of the food I grow.  I am trying brussels sprouts and cauliflower this year.

2013-02-24T22:29:57.000Z

REPORT ABUSE

Mta214 Green Thumb

Mta214

Same here with not using any chemicals.  Last year, I purchased the Sea Magic Growth Activator that Burpee.com sells, and for some reason, I didn't even need to use my Cayenne pepper spray to control pests. I was absolutely amazed, so needless to say, I purchased it again.  I mainly purchased it for the increase in yield from the plants, but I wasn't expecting the added benefit of no bug.  Additionally, growing a vegetable garden is a wonderful way for my son and I to spend some quality time together.

2013-03-07T16:47:52.000Z

REPORT ABUSE

Result Count: 5