burpee Garden Guru

burpee

"Gardening is my resolution"

Take control of every aspect of your garden by starting your very own seeds and seedlings.  Grow exactly what you want and watch your plants blooms into delicious, healthy vegetables, fruits and herbs!  It seems that so many of us make resolutions in the new year to eat better and exercise, but it can become expensive.  By growing your own it helps to save money and stop the worry of certain chemicals being placed on our fruits.  Why not make a resolution to garden this year?  It is both rewarding and fun. 

Share your resolutions with us below!

Views: 5111 Replies: 5 Date: 2012-12-27T15:29:25.000Z
Result Count: 5

Tools

Soil Stomper

tracy111

Re: "Gardening is my resolution"

Gardening is my life, I love the taste of fresh, RIPE produce. I hate having to buy fruits and vegetables at the grocery store in the winter because the taste is so bland because the stuff was picked to early. I always grow tons of stuff including a lot of extra plants to give away. There are a lot of people that live by me that just can't afford to buy the stuff. I just started 180 tomato plants, about 16 different varieties. I am going to try a new way with my potatoes this year, newspaper on the bottom and then straw and peat and then compost, no digging just reach inside and pull, I will also grow some the regular way just in case. I am going to plant my whiskey barrels that line my driveway with lettuce, tomatoes, and cucumbers and put some sacks stapled to one of the barrels and let my neighbors pick as they are out for their walk. I am really excited for spring, as I am going stir crazy in the house!!!!

2013-01-23T17:54:11.000Z

REPORT ABUSE

Trextheterrible

Trextheterrible

I don't make resolutions anymore. Why waste my time. However, I spend hours in my garden and love it. Why go to doctors for therapy when it is in your own backyard!! I plan on expanding my garden this year and including more Asian vegetables as we like stir fries and if I am halfway successful may even be able to sell some locally at the farmers market. My favorite vegetable to grow is tomatoes. Gardening is relaxing and a great place to mediatate and to think. So I suppose I do have a resolution. A resolution to keep on gardening until I drop or totally unable to crawl far enough to get to the garden.

2013-01-22T05:05:15.000Z

REPORT ABUSE

Cousinlynn

Cousinlynn

I don't make resolutions I just do. Can't live without gardening - I like to work out in the dirt and be productive - rather build muscle digging holes and planting than pursuing a  treadmill or other. And at the end of it all I get to eat and jar up what I want and share with others and photograph that which I grow and turn those photos into pieces of art. 

2013-01-21T19:00:18.000Z

REPORT ABUSE

Green Thumb

mikeburch3

Yes, gardening is not only my resolution...but also my salvation..With my health being as bad as it is(even on social security disability)..gardening gives me a chance to forget and to concentrate on doing what I need to do ...weeding,fertilizing,pruning..planting,planning..And then there is the joy of just being outside..listening to the birds,feeling the wind as it blows across your face and arms...The wonderful smells(maybe fragrance is a better word) associated with all plants as they come into bloom.even the fragrance wafting up off of the plants that you are trimming,I just love the heady aroma of tomato plants as you are trimming them.Then there is the smell of the earth as you are turning it over...The absolute joy of seeing the seeds that you have planted....germinate...what a miracle in action...Least we forget...there is the harvest,to be shared with family,friends,neighbors..it just doesn't get any better than that...thanks Burpee,and thanks to all off the Burpee back yard folks who contribute ,i do enjoy reading what you all have written...mike b

2013-01-19T23:24:30.000Z

REPORT ABUSE

FlyingVGoddess

My resolutions are to grow more produce so I can give away more, follow through on all my gardening plans instead of bailing out halfway through like I did last year, and grow at least one new thing this year (I got more than one: leeks, potatoes, leaf lettuce, parsley, cilantro, dill, lavender, thyme, and shallots).

2013-01-18T04:57:24.000Z

REPORT ABUSE

Result Count: 5