burpee Garden Guru

burpee

Incorporating Gardening into Gifting

The Holiday season is fast upon us!  Now is the time to think about what gifts you would like to give to friends and family.  Gardening-related gifts are a perfect way to make someone feel special.  If you throw a Holiday party- pass along a favorite recipe as a party favor (or make something to hand out)!  Make use of those fruits and veggies you harvested this year.  Bird seed wreaths are perfect for decorating or feeding our feathered friends.  Burpee.com offers wonderful selections of gifts randing from vegetable glass ornaments to custom wreaths.  Feel free to visit www.burpee.com for more information on gardening gift ideas. 

Want to share how you have incorporated gardening into gifting?  We would love to hear!

Views: 11448 Replies: 4 Date: 2012-11-05T15:50:16.000Z
Result Count: 4

Tools

SweetPetunia

SweetPetunia

Re: Incorporating Gardening into Gifting

Love the idea of sending an egiftcard.  Takes all the hassel out of last minute gift giving.  And they are always apprecaiated and used.

2012-11-15T16:33:59.000Z

REPORT ABUSE

LilyPad

LilyPad

I have given birdseed garden ornaments as gifts. It draws bird to the yard durning winter and the birds songs are beautiful. I have also given evergreen sapplings in a tube as gifts, herbal scented soaps, seeds packages, gardening gloves, gardening crocs, gardening tools, gardening magazines, herb books and potted herbs, gift certificate to a nursery, birdhouses, hummingbird feeders and so much more.

2012-11-16T16:26:18.000Z

REPORT ABUSE

LavenderOne

I like to give the gift of herb gardening. I give the Burpee Herb Garden Kit it comes with the container, soil and herb seeds. The herbs can be grown either inside or outside. So simple

2012-11-19T14:00:12.000Z

REPORT ABUSE

Soil Stomper

klanedoc9

Poinsettias are always a safe bet during the Holidays.  But instead of buying a fruit or wine basket, I like constructing a "garden basket" for my one garden friend's mother.  She loves to garden and I'll put together a cute container pot that can be used with some fertilizer, seed packets, maybe a little watering pale if I can find it, and a recipe if I'm giving fruits or veggies.  But if it's just for flowers then I might try to find a reasonably priced small vase that can be used for the flowers.  Add in garden gloves or a planter/scoop tool and there you have it!  Her birthday is in the summer so I've done this twice so far and she loves it!

2012-12-05T19:59:17.000Z

REPORT ABUSE

Result Count: 4