mycitygarden Soil Stomper

mycitygarden

How was the veggie season for you?

Hi Everyone,

I live in Jersey CIty. I had a great year with Burpee Sweet Red Pepper plants and the smaller Cayenne, Habaner, etc. but this year the tomatoes just did not do as well. I chalked it up to the cold start for the season. Anyone else find this?

Visit www.mycitygarden.net for photos of the garden this year.

Best,

C

Views: 3613 Replies: 4 Date: 2011-11-15T04:28:34.000Z
Result Count: 4

Tools

Everheartgarden

Everheartgarden

Re: How was the veggie season for you?

I also had a sluggish tomatoe season here in Oregon. We had a cooler season and the cherry tomatoes were the only steady producers.

2011-11-16T11:29:16.000Z

REPORT ABUSE

STONEYCLAW

STONEYCLAW

STARTED RAISED BEDS THIS YEAR TTOOK FOREVER FOR PLANTS TO TAKE OFF. I DID NIOT DIG DEEP ENOUGH ALSO I THINK TO MUCH WOOD MULCH IN SOIL WAS  MOLDY WHEN I TURN IT OVER THIS WEEK . DUG DEEPER BETTER CROPS THIS SPRING AM READY NOW OOH HAVE BROC ANG BRUSSELS IN GARDEN NOW CARROTS NEXT WEEK . ARE BEETS OK NOW HERE IN ZONE 9 

2011-11-22T17:46:07.000Z

REPORT ABUSE

Soil Stomper

MaryA1330

Last year was my first year gardening at my new house, so at first I was worried my problems with the garden were user error. I came to find that a lot of gardeners - like you - had similar problems. I was sure I would never have tomatoes, until my tomato plants started to grow like crazy in mid-July (I'm in Wisconsin). I had a TON of tomatoes throughout the late summer and into fall. Once the frost set in, I removed all green tomatoes from the plants and ripened them in a box with newspaper. I had plenty of tomatoes well into December. We, too, had a cool, wet summer, so I assume this was the cause.

I'm hoping for a better crop this year!

2012-02-16T08:28:58.000Z

REPORT ABUSE

Soil Stomper

mycitygarden

Hi Mary

response system is kinda wiggy.

I had similar exp. snow in Oct. saved tomatoes in brown paper bags...

starting stuff inside now   feb...

happy gardening

carol.

2012-02-18T16:19:47.000Z

REPORT ABUSE

Result Count: 4