burpee Garden Guru

burpee

Inspiring Stories from the Garden?

Since the posting of our most recent blog from West End IB World School about their school garden being an invaluable learning tool for students, we’ve heard from gardeners wanting to share lessons that they – or their kids or students – have learned from their own gardens.

Do you have an educational, funny or downright inspiring moment to share? If so, we'd love to hear about it! 

Views: 3339 Replies: 3 Date: 2012-08-23T13:45:06.000Z
Result Count: 3

Tools

Soil Stomper

NewYorkMillet

Re: Inspiring Stories from the Garden?

My kids have always loved butterflies. So one year, I decided to purchase a few caterpillars and a butterfly kit. They were absolutely amazed by their process of evolving from a tiny caterpillar to a colorful butterfly. And when they were ready, we released them. To me, there is no greater lesson in the garden than the miracle of life!

2012-08-23T13:55:42.000Z

REPORT ABUSE

ccamille86

ccamille86

The first tomatoes of the year were always the big highlight of my parents garden. They planted around a dozen tomato plants each year, and come August, we would be up to our ears in tomatoes. We would make sauces, give them away to neighbors, and most nights, we  would slice them and just eat them with dinner. The "great debate" in our household always started because my dad put sugar on his tomatoes, while my mom used salt and pepper. My first lesson in "compromising" came from this debate each year, as one would always try to get the other to see that their way of eating tomatoes was better. It never worked and to this day, they still eat them the same way :)

2012-08-24T07:13:27.000Z

REPORT ABUSE

ccamille86

ccamille86

The first tomatoes of the year were always the big highlight of my parents garden. They planted around a dozen tomato plants each year, and come August, we would be up to our ears in tomatoes. We would make sauces, give them away to neighbors, and most nights, we  would slice them and just eat them with dinner. The "great debate" in our household always started because my dad put sugar on his tomatoes, while my mom used salt and pepper. My first lesson in "compromising" came from this debate each year, as one would always try to get the other to see that their way of eating tomatoes was better. It never worked and to this day, they still eat them the same way :)

2012-08-24T07:13:30.000Z

REPORT ABUSE

Result Count: 3