NewbieGardener Green Thumb

NewbieGardener

Best Pepper for Salsa?

What is the best pepper to grow and use for making homemade salsa?

Views: 6068 Replies: 3 Date: 2011-08-23T07:27:31.000Z
Result Count: 3

Tools

Dabbler Soil Stomper

Dabbler

Re: Best Pepper for Salsa?

Depends how hot you like it!!!  I have grown some peppers that are so hot you can't even eat a small piece.  But in general I like a jalapeno - it actually has a good blend of heat and flavor.  Plus it is green - which adds a color element to the salsa...better than a red pepper.

2011-11-09T07:15:48.000Z

REPORT ABUSE

tomatoeman Soil Stomper

tomatoeman

Jalepeno is the best,I've tried tabasco,serano,and tam jalapeno.there is a web site-Pepper Joe's for real hot stuff,way to hot for me.I usually put 2 jalepenos in a big pot.I then take 4-5 peppers and deseed them and take the veins out for real flavor with no heat.Wear gloves for this,you will thank me for sure.

2011-11-26T13:27:37.000Z

REPORT ABUSE

HounDog

I use whatever I have. Sometimes it's juicy sweet bell peppers with one viciously hot Datil. Jalapenos work well and vary greatly in heat, but after a bad year for jalapenos I started experimenting with whatever I had in the garden. Hot thick walled peppers stand on their own. If you only have thin walled chilis, mix them with a few thick walled sweet peppers. Make sure you cut the really hot peppers very fine. You don't want a party guest laughing and snacking one moment only to heave into a fit of coughing and sweating!! Surprised

2011-12-01T17:48:25.000Z

REPORT ABUSE

Result Count: 3