BurpeeGuestAcco

BurpeeGuestAcco

Beneficial nematodes

I've been a back yard gardener all of my life ( 65 years now ).  Last year I discovered and tried Beneficial Nematodes.  I found this refrigerated plastic ball in my local garden center.  Relatively expensive.  I went directly home and mixed up this muddy looking concoction into my hose end sprayer.  That's when I became a real " doubting Thomas ".  I sprayed it on my rototilled soil and hoped for the best.  This stuff proved to be pure magic !!   I accidently became an organic gardener.  ALL GRUBS were destroyed, therefore no Japanese beetles either. I had absolutely no insect problem on any vegetable plants !!  None.  The only plants that should have been sprayed with insecticide were my hosta & rose bushes.  I will use the beneficial nematodes FOREVER.  That's how very impressed that I was with my garden last year.

Views: 4173 Replies: 5 Date: 2012-02-10T07:41:32.000Z
Result Count: 5

Tools

PuddleSplasher

Re: Beneficial nematodes

I've fought pests on my balcony plants for some time. Can I use beneficial nematodes on my balcony plants?

2013-03-18T17:41:28.000Z

REPORT ABUSE

GayRNJ

I have used nematodes in my vegetable garden for the last three years.   I used them mainly to rid the Vine Borers that were destroying my squash, zucchini and cucumber plants.   I have also gotten mine by ordering online at Gardens Alive!.  They ship them according to your growing zone.  I believe there are different kinds - some for lawns, some for gardens.   If you take a look on their website I think it explains more about them.

2013-03-07T16:52:56.000Z

REPORT ABUSE

BCgardener

BCgardener

Apparently there are at least two types of beneficial nematodes - which one did you use? Do you remember the brand name?

2013-02-16T05:23:41.000Z

REPORT ABUSE

Beefcake

Beefcake

Did  it work on Stink Bug?  This is my garden nightmare. 

2013-02-13T05:44:24.000Z

REPORT ABUSE

BurpeeGuestAcco

BurpeeGuestAcco

I'm interested in using Nematodes. Did you apply them before planting or after planting? Can you tell me where I can get them?

2012-02-14T10:31:14.000Z

REPORT ABUSE

Result Count: 5