marysgarden Soil Stomper

marysgarden

Aphids on my Dahlias

I have the most beautifuls Dahlias and I just love them.  However, they get taken over every year with aphids.  I have to be very careful with chemicals, we have pets and children in the area. Also, I have chemical allergies and can not use most of the chemicals out there.  I have tried soap and olive oil and I have tried a few other rememdies, but I would really love to get on this before my beautiful plants are ruined once again.

Views: 3488 Replies: 3 Date: 2012-04-26T13:40:54.000Z
Result Count: 3

Tools

krdl46

krdl46

Re: Aphids on my Dahlias

may want to try this link to make your own eradicator

http://m.voices.yahoo.com/5-homemade-insect-sprays-vegetable-garden-5894798.html?cat=32

they have some that are interesting, some that are unusual, but all in all, some work better than purchased products.

but sometimes you need something better/quicker, and for aphids, when they were as bad as i had, i found that 

Triazacide by Spectracide works fantastic, be sure to follow directions, use and store cautiously.

2012-06-20T09:00:36.000Z

REPORT ABUSE

Soil Stomper

marysgarden

I have tried lady bugs in the past, but they do not want to hang arouhd as long as I would.  I have never heard of lacewings, I will have to check it out.  Thank you for the info!

2012-04-27T08:42:30.000Z

REPORT ABUSE

BRGardenNanny

BRGardenNanny

Have you tried lady bugs or lacewings?  You can buy them from many garden centers.  Drop me a line if you need a source at bloomingrails.com 

2012-04-26T17:15:07.000Z

REPORT ABUSE

Result Count: 3