Bobvim1990 Seedling

Bobvim1990

Zucchini fail

My zucchini plants seem to be stunted, with no sign of fruit. Any tips? The leaves are large and green, and there are yellow blooms, but no sign of fruit. Zucchni has always seemed to grow so easily in the past. Not sure what's going on. Help!

Views: 4105 Replies: 3 Date: 2012-07-30T07:42:27.000Z
Result Count: 3

Tools

Garden Guru

burpee

Re: Zucchini fail

Yes you can hand pollinate make sure you have both male and female flowers. In the afternoon, when the pollen is ripe pick a male flower and remove the petals. Twist the male flower gently into a female flower, this takes a knack.

2012-08-06T06:44:17.000Z

REPORT ABUSE

Soil Stomper

zafooo

you can try hand polinating

2012-08-02T14:01:54.000Z

REPORT ABUSE

Garden Guru

burpee

Thank you for the picture, I can’t see the flowers so I am not sure if they are male or female flowers. Males have a straight stem, females have a baby fruit behind the flower. Male flowers open first  to attract bees, then the female flowers are produced. If there are no female flowers it could be they are not ready yet. Squash can abort their flowers if they are stressed, too high or too low  temperature, not enough water, or insect damage. If you have female flowers and they are not pollinated that may be due to lack of bees.

2012-07-31T06:22:48.000Z

REPORT ABUSE

Result Count: 3