PepperFan Soil Stomper

PepperFan

Growing tomatoes in the winter?

Any tips with growing them indoors in WI?

Views: 4934 Replies: 4 Date: 2011-12-21T11:32:39.000Z
Result Count: 4

Tools

saskatoon10

saskatoon10

Re: Growing tomatoes in the winter?

Good Morning!!

The last few years I have started heirloom tomatoes seeds in half eggshells in  egg cartons in our sunroom

which is in the back side of our house facing the southern sun. It has worked well, but still needs some tweeking.

clay

2012-01-27T22:22:39.000Z

REPORT ABUSE

Retsina

Retsina

I freshened up the soil in my Earth Box and planted a Power Pops and a Cherry Punch seed.  One seedling just emerged, and it has been about 7-8 days.  No warmth to speak of-our house is pretty cool, and we have had no sun to speak of.  Fingers crossed!  This is the first time I've seeded out of season for total indoor production.

2012-01-25T16:36:59.000Z

REPORT ABUSE

Retsina

Retsina

I had great success this year using an Earthbox and seeding Chadwick cherry tomatoes and a more Roma shaped pink-perhaps Thai Pink, late summer.  I've had consistent bearing tomatoes until this week when I sacrificed my plants due to a big whitefly infestation.  Absolutely simple and fun.  I will try determinate types this year as these plants really sprawled, taking up half of my dining room.  I am in upstate NY and I do have huge south-facing windows for light.

2012-01-10T12:40:24.000Z

REPORT ABUSE

Leslie

Check out YouTube under "Home made Hydroponics system" and maybe go with a Determinate type of Tomato.

2011-12-24T00:01:12.000Z

REPORT ABUSE

Result Count: 4