mikeburch3 Green Thumb

mikeburch3

vigna caracalla

a month or so ago I purchased some vigna caracalla seeds from you folks...followed the planting instrustions on the envelop the seeds came in...they never germinated.???since then I ordered 2 more packets of vigna caracalla seeds .They just came in today.my question is should I nick the seed coat,then place them in very hot water?? ,allowing them to stay in that water for several days.or untill the seeds swell up.??and then plant them...i do love  this vine and the beautiful corkscrew flowers,that are extremely fragrant.please help me....thank you very much...mike burch

Views: 3562 Replies: 3 Date: 2012-07-10T15:04:11.000Z
Result Count: 3

Tools

Garden Guru

burpee

Re: vigna caracalla

The vigna seed should be nicked and soaked for a few hours in tepid water.  Plant the seed about one inch deep. It can take 7 to 21 days for the seed to germinate.  For best results sow the seed indoors 4-6 weeks before the last frost. Transplant outdoors after danger of frost has passed.

2012-07-11T06:01:45.000Z

REPORT ABUSE

Green Thumb

mikeburch3

Thank you very much...i will start that today...

2012-07-11T09:58:28.000Z

REPORT ABUSE

Green Thumb

mikeburch3

Hello there,Burpee experts...just an update on my vigna caracalla seeds that I purchased from you wonderful folks...I did just as you instructed,on 7-11-2012...it is now 7-16-2012 and low and behold....I now have 7 seeds that have so far germinated and are up out of the soil (I planted the seeds into 5 " azalea pots to be transplanted directly into the ground )..I tell ya ,there is no way I could be happier !!! THANK YOU,THANK YOU,THANK YOU...NOW ,another question ,if I may ask ..I purchased tomato seeds from you folks as well (varieties: Sunny Boy Hybrid, Better Boy Hybrid,Red October Hybrid,Big Daddy Hybrid,Brandy Boy Hybrid,Mortage Lifter,  and then  Homestead tomato,Giant beefsteak,Super San Marzano,Box Car Willie,Golden Jubilee,Rutgers red,Cherokee Purple, ...i wanted a variety )I want to plant these for a fall garden here in Ocala Florida...my question is when should I plant the seeds in flats to be transplanted in september or late august ???THANK YOU ONCE AGAIN...mike burch

2012-07-16T11:29:56.000Z

REPORT ABUSE

Result Count: 3