burpee Garden Guru

burpee

Share Your Garden Photo Contest - Win $150 Gift Card

Win a $150 Burpee Gift Card and have your garden featured on Burpee's Backyard homepage, on the Burpee Home Gardens Facebook page and Twitter account.

To Enter: Submit a photo of your garden along with a description and a name for your garden.

Contest dates and rules: Submissions must be made between June 15 and July 1, 2012.  Submissions will be collected by Burpee and Burpee Home Gardens via this discussion thread.  All entries must be posted by 11:59 p.m. EST on July 1.  Participants must be registered users of the Burpee Backyard community to enter.  A winner will be announced on the community site on Friday, June 6.

Prizes:

First Place - $150 Burpee Gift Card

Second Place - $50 Burpee Gift Card

Third Place - $25 Burpee Gift Card

Click here for compete rules and regulations.

Views: 66319 Replies: 714 Date: 2012-06-15T07:18:36.000Z
Result Count: 714
  1  | 2| 3| 4| 5| Next

Tools

Soil Stomper

EvieFoo

Re: Share Your Garden Photo Contest - Win $150 Gift Card

Name: The Veggie Zone

Description: I love my backyard veggie garden. My husband and I have planted beans, peppers, peas, carrots, radishes, cucumbers, zucchini, dill, lettuce and tomatoes. We love being able to skip trips to the grocery story and enjoy fresh veggies straight from our backyard, anytime we want. Yum!

Smile

2012-06-15T08:34:00.000Z

REPORT ABUSE

MikeyGoomba

This is my Backyard Garden Cucumbers,green beans, Radishes, Mesculine In the first Raised Bed & In the Second are my Tomato & Pepper plants

2012-06-15T16:03:23.000Z

REPORT ABUSE

Mimi7506

Mimi7506

This is "My Secret Garden." I started my garden last Spring & I knew little to nothing at all about gardening, but I always had a desire to grow flowers & veggies in the yard. Growing up, my mom grew peppers, tomatoes, cucumbers & herbs. She also had a beautiful rose garden. I always enjoyed the view & the veggies, but didn't pay much attention to what my mom did to make everything grow. The year that my mom was planning to retire, she promised to stay with me for a few weeks the following spring & teach me everything she knew about gardening & to help me finally plant a garden of my own. I couldn't wait! She retired in May of 2008, was diagnosed with terminal cancer in November & left us all too early in January of 2009 before Spring arrived. We never did get to plant my garden together. That spring & also in the Spring of the following year, it was just to painful & I was not ready to even contemplate creating the garden without her. But in the Spring of 2011, I decided to go for it! With limited resources & the help of an extra-handy hubby, I jumped into the world of gardening & I AM HOOKED! I find my time spent in the garden to be incredibly therapeutic. I often feel my mom's presence in the garden with me, guiding me along the way. I also find it to be very rewarding to nourish my family with the freshest produce that I grew with my own two hands. My husband & 2 young daughters love to help out as much as possible & we love to dine "al fresco" whenever we can. Since my name is Mary, my girls now think that Mary, Mary Quite Contrary......was written about me!I hope to create many special memories with my family here. I think that would be the most fitting tribute in my mother's honor & I hope that she would be very proud of the space I have created in her memory. There is nothing more that I would enjoy than sharing an evening cocktail with her in the midst of it all, but I know that at least she is here with me in spirit. 

2012-06-16T11:22:25.000Z

REPORT ABUSE

Mimi7506

Mimi7506

We added flower beds this year. They aren't much to look at now, as the Zinnias & Sunflowers have yet to bloom. There is also lavender planted here which I am hoping will eventually be large & fragrant & a vibrant purple.

2012-06-16T11:25:00.000Z

REPORT ABUSE

Mimi7506

Mimi7506

The right side view. I also planted clematis this year, which I hope to train to climb up around the front gate.

2012-06-16T11:26:29.000Z

REPORT ABUSE

Mimi7506

Mimi7506

On the left side I planted pattypan squash, summer squash, zucchini, eggplant, peppers, cucumbers, radishes, beets, cauliflower, edamame, a strawberry patch, white cosmos, dahlias & snapdragons.

2012-06-16T11:30:01.000Z

REPORT ABUSE

Mimi7506

Mimi7506

On the right side I planted an herb garden, tomatoes, cherry tomatoes, broccoli, rainbow chard, kale, broccoli, romaine, radicchio, onions, red leaf & summertime lettuces, corn, lima beans & marigolds. Behind the patio, I planted brussels sprouts, yukon gold potatoes, red onions, carrots, bush beans, sunflowers & 2 sugar snap pea teepees.

2012-06-16T11:34:10.000Z

REPORT ABUSE

Mimi7506

Mimi7506

My potting bench, a Mother's Day gift created by my husband & a mailbox to keep all of my small gardening tools, gloves & twine within an arm's reach. Of course, we also have small plastic tools for the girls in there. The patio pavers were recycled from a beach house remodel. My husband created the potting bench from scrap materials we had laying around. He did the same with the fence & gate. We just needed to add the mesh deer fencing.

2012-06-16T11:39:22.000Z

REPORT ABUSE

aganoe2000

Organic Therapy

This is our 6,300 square foot garden space here in Virginia.  We have Tenderette green beans, yellow squash, corn, cucumbers, peppers, cabbage, and 14 varieties totalling 300 tomato plants.  We only use 100% organic methods. 

2012-06-17T07:21:24.000Z

REPORT ABUSE

aganoe2000

Organic Therapy

These are our Tenderette Green Beans.  There are 1000 linear feet of organically grown beans here.  

2012-06-17T08:17:55.000Z

REPORT ABUSE

aganoe2000

Organic Therapy

This shows 14 different varieties of heirloom tomatoes on a modified Florida Weave system 

2012-06-17T08:21:29.000Z

REPORT ABUSE

AnnetteS

Garden Name:  Bali Hi

My backyard gardens are are my favorite places.  The garden in the forefront is my perennial garden.  As the season goes on, I get so excited to see what will pop up and bloom next.  I am anxiously awaiting my canna, which have come back strong.  The hummingbirds love this garden!

The vegetable garden in the background is outstanding this year.  The cucumbers, peppers, tomatoes, zucchini, string beans & herbs are well on their way; hoping for a green pepper early this week and the first cucumber maybe the end of this week.  Trying garlic this year - looking good, too.

It's so therapeutic & relaxing  to maintain and enjoy my gardens. We have a pond feature under the windows in the picture, and it is so calming to sit on the patio and hear the water and see how beautiful and colorful the gardens are.  It's just as beautiful at night with our landscape lighting.

2012-06-17T12:04:57.000Z

REPORT ABUSE

lorrielee

lorrielee

Contest submission:

My private garden sanctuary. These are pictures of my raised garden beds and patio area. I live in a very small carriage house in Lancaster County, PA and have two raised beds which I have planted lots of vegetables, herbs, and flowers! I also planted flowers in a bird feeding area, and have some containers of tomatoes too!

2012-06-17T22:32:10.000Z

REPORT ABUSE

lorrielee

lorrielee

Contest submission:

These are pictures of my raised garden beds and patio area. I live in a very small carriage house in Lancaster County, PA and have two raised beds which I have planted lots of vegetables, herbs, and flowers! I also planted flowers in a bird feeding area, and have some containers of tomatoes too!

Gardening helps me to relax :)

2012-06-17T22:35:25.000Z

REPORT ABUSE

lorrielee

lorrielee

Contest submission:

These are pictures of my raised garden beds and patio area. I live in a very small carriage house in Lancaster County, PA and have two raised beds which I have planted lots of vegetables, herbs, and flowers! I also planted flowers in a bird feeding area, and have some containers of tomatoes too!

2012-06-17T22:38:01.000Z

REPORT ABUSE

lorrielee

lorrielee

Contest submission:

2012-06-17T22:40:15.000Z

REPORT ABUSE

lorrielee

lorrielee

Contest submission:

Bird feeding area.

2012-06-17T22:43:57.000Z

REPORT ABUSE

lorrielee

lorrielee

Contest submission:

2012-06-17T22:46:35.000Z

REPORT ABUSE

lorrielee

lorrielee

Contest submission:

2012-06-17T22:49:11.000Z

REPORT ABUSE

lorrielee

lorrielee

Contest submission:

I love heirloom tomatoes and grow quite a few to eat,  and to freeze for the winter.

2012-06-17T22:52:27.000Z

REPORT ABUSE

Result Count: 714
  1  | 2| 3| 4| 5| Next