burpee Garden Guru

burpee

Share Your Garden Photo Contest - Win $150 Gift Card

Win a $150 Burpee Gift Card and have your garden featured on Burpee's Backyard homepage, on the Burpee Home Gardens Facebook page and Twitter account.

To Enter: Submit a photo of your garden along with a description and a name for your garden.

Contest dates and rules: Submissions must be made between June 15 and July 1, 2012.  Submissions will be collected by Burpee and Burpee Home Gardens via this discussion thread.  All entries must be posted by 11:59 p.m. EST on July 1.  Participants must be registered users of the Burpee Backyard community to enter.  A winner will be announced on the community site on Friday, June 6.

Prizes:

First Place - $150 Burpee Gift Card

Second Place - $50 Burpee Gift Card

Third Place - $25 Burpee Gift Card

Click here for compete rules and regulations.

Views: 64271 Replies: 714 Date: 2012-06-15T07:18:36.000Z
Result Count: 714
Previous 1| 2|   3  | 4| 5| Next

Tools

ldybudd

ldybudd

Re: Share Your Garden Photo Contest - Win $150 Gift Card

This is my bucket garden--this year, we have squash family plants and tomatoes, next year will be pole beans. By August, the squash will have spread into a green carpet. Around the perimeter, I have potatoes, raspberry starts, asparagus, gladiolas, and strawberries. I developed this garden during our unusually warm weather in March and so far, all is coming up well. Before I "planted" the buckets, which are food grade pickle buckets I got for free from a neighbor in the restaurant business, I cut them off so they only go  into the soil about 4-5 inches.

2012-06-19T14:37:55.000Z

REPORT ABUSE

ldybudd

ldybudd

Here's a closer look....

2012-06-19T14:43:00.000Z

REPORT ABUSE

ldybudd

ldybudd

Here's a closer look....

2012-06-19T14:43:08.000Z

REPORT ABUSE

Okiegirl

Okiegirl

This is my Love Garden.  When I'm in the garden the rest of the world ceases to exist.  This little patch of ground makes me happier than anything else on earth.  It is heaven.  Of course none of this would be here without the help of my husband.  In here you will find coreopsis, salvia, catnip, sage, tomatoes, peppers, and more.

2012-06-19T14:47:03.000Z

REPORT ABUSE

Okiegirl

Okiegirl

This is my Love Garden.  When I'm in the garden the rest of the world ceases to exist.  This little patch of ground makes me happier than anything else on earth.  It is heaven.  Of course none of this would be here without the help of my husband.  In here you will find coreopsis, salvia, catnip, sage, tomatoes, peppers, and more.

2012-06-19T14:47:05.000Z

REPORT ABUSE

Antoinette

HOPE is my Garden

2012-06-19T15:33:07.000Z

REPORT ABUSE

pynxster

A pic of our Koi Pond Garden area in Santa Fe with sweet little Cherie Kitty...

Lots of very xeric plants here: grasses, russian sages, artemesia, brooms, succulents, yarrow etc.

2012-06-19T15:42:11.000Z

REPORT ABUSE

Angela

My sister in laws Lily in my beloved garden.

2012-06-19T15:45:03.000Z

REPORT ABUSE

kiracat

I planted Burpeeana Giants zinnia mix seeds last year in my herb garden. Wow! The butterflies and birds that those beautiful, colorful flowers attracted was awesome!! I could sit at my breakfast table and look out at any time and see monarchs, tiger swallowtails, hummingbirds to name a few. The flowers and wildlife that they attracted gave me hours of pleasure and enjoyment. My herb garden has now morphed into a butterfly garden, thanks to those zinnias.

2012-06-19T15:51:46.000Z

REPORT ABUSE

pynxster

A pic of our Koi Pond Garden area in Santa Fe with Buster Boy Wonder kitty making his rounds...

Lots of very xeric plants here: grasses, russian sages, artemesia, brooms, succulents, yarrow etc.

2012-06-19T15:53:15.000Z

REPORT ABUSE

kiracat

I planted Burpeeana Giants zinnia mix seeds last year in my herb garden. Wow! The butterflies and birds that those beautiful, colorful flowers attracted was awesome!! I could sit at my breakfast table and look out at any time and see monarchs, tiger swallowtails, hummingbirds to name a few. The flowers and wildlife that they attracted gave me hours of pleasure and enjoyment. My herb garden has now morphed into a butterfly garden, thanks to those zinnias.

2012-06-19T15:53:38.000Z

REPORT ABUSE

kiracat

2012-06-19T15:57:02.000Z

REPORT ABUSE

kiracat

Butterfly Garden

2012-06-19T15:58:49.000Z

REPORT ABUSE

pynxster

A pic of our Koi Pond Garden area in Santa Fe...

Lots of very xeric plants here: this is a huge Zebra Grass flanked by an agastache, and a small Moonlight Broom

2012-06-19T15:58:51.000Z

REPORT ABUSE

kiracat

Butterfly Garden

2012-06-19T16:00:35.000Z

REPORT ABUSE

pynxster

A pic of our Koi Pond Garden area in Santa Fe with Buster Boy Wonder kitty on his perch watching the Koi.

Lots of very xeric plants here: in the forground you can see the Blue Flax which does really well here in Santa Fe.

2012-06-19T16:02:44.000Z

REPORT ABUSE

Bernievfish

This is my entry into the Photo Contest: named "This Year's Star"!  It is a 5 yr old Hydrangea which was transplanted 2 yrs ago to a new southwest corner bed along side our house where it found its permanent home and has now become the "Star" of the bed. Cool 

Hydrangea macrophylla

2012-06-19T16:05:01.000Z

REPORT ABUSE

hollyhock54

My country garden  Lots of variety of flowers: daisies, purple coneflower, hollyhocks.

Carol Tanner MD

2012-06-19T16:05:17.000Z

REPORT ABUSE

razorbackfan

razorbackfan

This is a picture of my moon flower being enjoyed by the Luna moth.  Look very close and notice the length of the moths Proboscis (tongue).

2012-06-19T16:13:13.000Z

REPORT ABUSE

razorbackfan

razorbackfan

This is a picture of my moon flower being enjoyed by the Luna moth.  Look very close and notice the length of the moths Proboscis (tongue).

2012-06-19T16:13:21.000Z

REPORT ABUSE

Result Count: 714
Previous 1| 2|   3  | 4| 5| Next