BurpeeGuestAcco

BurpeeGuestAcco

Cats!

My neighbors cats have been using my gardens as a litter box and to rest in this winter.  I don't mind them but when I start to plant I am guessing they will keep coming back any suggestions on how to keep the felines out or to keep them from being able to scratch the dirt.

Views: 2223 Replies: 1 Date: 2012-02-19T01:05:08.000Z
Result Count: 1

Tools

BurpeeGuestAcco

BurpeeGuestAcco

Re: Cats!

I have always had cats - love em! and love my flower and veg gardens too!  Often have kittens bopping around in the spring when I want to plant border flowers.  I got window planter boxes and set them on the ground and planted in them.  You cnd get pokey-type sticks and lay them on top till the plants take over.  Works fairly well.  Plus a little discipline.  I have about 5 of them lining my walk now.

Same in my garden - use old fallen branches, etc until plants get big .  I used old wire fencing laid on the ground, too, so they can't scratch up the dirt.  put them on each side of the row of seeds.

Try giving them their own "toilet" - a nice soft patch of dirt to "go" in.  We all know cats love a soft place - soon as you dig it up, there they are!

2012-02-24T20:38:59.000Z

REPORT ABUSE

Result Count: 1